Business valuation services for all scenarios
Our business valuation services will help you whether you are buying, selling, retiring or something else.
We will help you determine what a business is really worth.
Maybe you would just like to know what your business is worth. Or maybe you are looking to buy a business but want to know if the asking price is realistic.
Whatever your reason for a business valuation, Maynard Johns Chartered Accountants are here to help.
Why get a business valuation?
There are a number of reasons why you may want to know the value of a business. These include:
- To sell your business
- To buy a business
- To raise finance
- To set up an employee share scheme
- To assess an individual’s net worth in a divorce or legal settlement
- For strategic planning of what to do with the business in the future
- For tax planning
If you currently use Xero, Sage or Quickbooks as your accountancy software, we can create a report with multiple valuations very quickly. If not, we can still create a report although it may take slightly longer.
How does getting a business valuation work?
For us to provide you with a business valuation we will require/undertake the following (please note this list is not exhaustive depending upon your individual business):
- Details of the current business ownership and how long it has been trading
- We would start with a meeting to get to know the business and understand trends and any one-off events or unusual trading activity in the last 3 years and to discuss the current trends of the industry in which the business works
- Understand the key personnel in the business, the roles they carry out and how much each of them is paid
- Details of major customers and suppliers particularly if there is a reliance on one or two large customers/suppliers
- The last 3 years of finalised accounts and if this is over 3 months old current data for this year
- Access to online accounting data, where available
- Details of premises used by the business and who owns this and details of any rent or lease agreements
- A current value of balance sheet items such as equipment and stock
- Details of any finance agreements or loans that the business has
- Details of any licenses, contracts, dealerships or distributor agreements that the business holds
- The geographical area in which the business operates
Information required when you are buying a business:
- What skills and experience you have to run this business
- Any cost savings or profit improvements that you feel you can bring to this business
Our business valuation services start from just £500 + VAT to include a full written report and to discuss this with you.
Visit us in our Bideford office or give us a call!
Telephone 01237 472071