Maynard Johns; it’s a family thing
Based on family values Maynard Johns is definitely not your run of the mill accountants. Our approach is an open and honest method of explaining your agricultural accounts and business issues face to face, in a jargon-free style, which sets us apart from other agricultural accountants. We recognise that farming is not just a business, but a way of life.
Our personal service allows us to develop close working relationships which help manage the business demands placed on farmers. We do all this while recognising the impact these decisions often have on the family as a whole.
There is a range of support available for farming sectors that have been adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. We have a full list of the available assistance on our Coronavirus Business Support Page.
A natural choice…
For the farming and agricultural community, it is fundamental to have and expert team around you who understands your business. Our specialist agricultural accountants team comes from a background deeply embedded in farming, enabling us to offer professional and knowledgeable advice to this sector. Whether you are new to farming or have been farming for years, we are able to offer a wide range of tailor-made services.
We can support you with:
- Enterprise accounts to assess the profitability of varying farm incomes
- Profit analysis per head of livestock, litre of milk etc
- Land ownership structures
- Planning for the reductions in the Basic Payment Scheme
- Preparing for retirement and/or the introduction of the next generation
- Farm business tenancies and leases
- Buying and selling of land
- Planning for diversification
- Ensuring your grass letting agreements qualify for farming purposes
- Advice on Digital IT software packages to keep your cashflow in check
- VAT returns, Payroll and bookkeeping
- Tax planning for you and your family
Our experience of tax planning for farming and agricultural clients is comprehensive.
We can assist you with:
- Advising on tax advantages on joining or leaving the herd basis
- Tax saving opportunities of trading as a limited company
- Inheritance tax planning, getting your wills right and protecting your assets
- Taking advantage of capital allowances rules for the replacement of vehicles and equipment
- Maximising your tax credit claim and preparing for change
- Tax saving opportunities with your quota
If you are looking for an agricultural accountant, visit us in our Bideford office or give us a call!
Telephone 01237 472071