Free Business Start Up Advice
We will help you make a success of your new business with our FREE business start up advice service
Starting your business is both an exciting and scary time. We know how much work goes into this because not only are many of our clients start ups but we have also done it ourselves.
We know that a bit of help in the beginning to make sure that you are getting it all right when you start can save in both time and money in the long term and help make your business a success.
Maynard Johns are a member of the ICAEW Business Advice Service (BAS) which connects owners of small and medium-sized businesses with ICAEW regulated firms who will provide a free initial consultation, without obligation.
This means you can come to us for FREE business advice and support with no ongoing obligations whether you are an existing client of Maynard Johns or not.
At Maynard Johns, we have a range of business start-up services to help you get off on the right foot. First and foremost, we offer an initial free meeting to all start-ups. In this meeting, we can cover key things you need to know such as:
- Explaining the tax system for the self-employed
- Advising you on the structure of your business
- Registering you and your business with HM Revenue and Customs
- Assisting with applications for finance
- Advising you on record keeping and accountancy software which will be required from 2024 with the introduction of Making Tax Digital
- Helping you with your pricing structure and understanding how to make sure your business is profitable.
- General business advice
Ongoing business advice and support
The initial support meeting will be a good starting point to help you get the key advice you need. But, at Maynard Johns we understand the first year in business can be the most difficult so we will remain on hand when you need us.
We then have an ongoing range of services to continue supporting you including:
- Checking your bookkeeping system is right for you and working at its best to help keep your accountancy costs down at year-end.
- Keeping you up to date with funding opportunities to help grow your business
- Supporting you with putting together a business plan and cash flow forecasts
- Be a sounding board as you get your business established.
To give your business start up the best chance of success, take advantage of an initial one-hour meeting to discuss your business ideas.
Visit us in our Bideford office or give us a call!
Telephone 01237 472071