Accounting for Building Trades and Construction
Specialist accounting for building trades and the construction industry is vital as building trades have their own particular accounting and taxation issues. Our knowledge and experience of the industry will help you avoid unnecessary taxation and ensure your business transactions achieve the desired results.
If you are a main contractor, sub-contractor or a property developer we have a specialist team ready to help and advise you.
Specialist services for the building trades and construction:
Advising you on:
- VAT on property transactions
- CIS Domestic VAT reverse charge
- When to zero-rate your supply
- the appropriate accounting treatment for retentions and snagging
- the timing of invoicing to avoid losses on projects and cash flow problems
- the best business structure for your needs
Assisting you with:
- Keeping track on project costs so your pricing is accurate
- Minimising tax on company vehicles
- Running speculative building projects alongside your main business
- Raising finance and preparing budgets and cash flows
- Assessing the employment status of your workers
Supporting you with:
- Payroll and auto-enrolment
- Completion of your CIS returns and online filing
- Calculating Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
Bookkeeping, payroll & CIS for builders
We recognise that the long hours and physical demands associated with the building trades often means that paperwork becomes a heavy burden. We have a specialist business support package that can release this pressure by offering help with:
Accounting Software for builders and construction industry
We can set up a bespoke accounting system especially for all building trades Whether you’re a builder, plumber, plasterer or carpenter, Xero is simple and cost-effective accounting software that helps you with your CIS duties and gives you an up-to-date view of the numbers while you’re on the move. As it’s cloud-based you can use it from your office, van or the building site and keep your cash flow healthy.
We have Xero expert accreditation for construction and can have you up and running quickly so you can get back on the tools
VAT reverse charge ready
Xero can handle the new reverse charge making your Vat returns easier for more details
Visit us in our Bideford office or give us a call!
Telephone 01237 472071