Funding for closed businesses in lockdown 3
New funding for businesses affected by this third lockdown is now available via local council authorities. You should check whether you are eligible as each business needs to make an application.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (Closed) Addendum
This grant is an extension of the grant available for the November lockdown. If you were eligible for the grant from 5 November to 2 December 2020 you will also be eligible. The extension will run for the period from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021.
Closed Business Lockdown Payment
Apply through your local authority
The application process and some eligibility details vary between local authorities. Please check with your local authority for full details for your area.
- North Devon District Council have not yet released the eligibility and application criteria, when they do, you can find more details and apply here.
- For Torridge District Council you can find more details and apply here
- For Cornwall County Council you can find more details and apply here
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework. For the avoidance of doubt, businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Businesses that are able to continue to trade as normal because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely.
- The business must have been trading up to 4th January 2021. Where businesses were required to close due to restrictions pre-5 January, it is accepted those businesses are still trading.
Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for either grant.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
At present, there is no grant funding for businesses that do not pay business rates. We will update you if this changes.
Please note there may be additional local exclusions imposed by each local authority so please check carefully on their own website.