Grants For Businesses to Install Electric Vehicle Charging Points
Grants available to SMEs in the UK to help with the costs of installing electric vehicle (EV) charge points for their operations and staff. Grants are intended to support SMEs in the UK with the costs of electric vehicle infrastructure and charge points on their business premises. Grants are up to £15k and a business can apply for up to 5 grants. The fund is due to be released any day now so the information via the link below will allow you to prepare in advance to take advantage of the grant.
Some key information;
The grant is available for small and medium sized businesses.
- The business must have 249 employees or less.
- The business must be registered at Companies House. If not, it must be VAT registered.
- The business must satisfy state aid requirements. It must have received – or have currently pending at the time of application – less than €200,000 of public support in the past 3 financial years and satisfy the state aid requirements for de minimis aid.
- The car parking facilities must have at least 5 parking spaces that are clearly marked.
- The parking facilities must be clearly associated with the applicant’s premises and be either on-site or a reasonable distance from the place of work. The car park may be continuous or comprise several discrete areas.
- The space where you install your charge point(s) and infrastructure must be private off-street parking.
- You must own the land or have the sole legal right to it.
If you are ready to learn more, please click on the link below to take you to the EV infrastructure grant guidance notes.