New grant funding for businesses affected by lockdown has been released 2.0 – apply NOW
New grant funding for businesses affected by lockdown the second time around is now available via local council authorities and you should check whether you are eligible as each business needs to make an application. Different businesses will be eligible for each one.
Find out what financial support you can get for your business during Coronavirus (COVID 19)
Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
This grant is available to businesses with a rateable value which have been forced to close for lockdown 2.0 from 5 November to 2 December 2020.
Eligible businesses will receive:
- Businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of £15,000, the grant payment will be £1,334 per 28-day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of between £15,001 – £50,999, the grant payment will be £2,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period
- Businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of £51,000 the grant payment will be £3,000 per 28-day qualifying restriction period
For links to local authority websites visit our Coronavirus support for businesses page.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
This grant is available to:
- Businesses which – while not legally forced to close – are severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19.
- Businesses outside the business rates system, which are forced to close.
- Larger local businesses which are important to the local economy, that feel they would benefit from additional grant money on top of the funding provided to those businesses via the LRSG scheme (State Aid rules apply).
Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for either grant.
Each local authority has it’s own exclusions and deadlines for applications to gain grant funding for businesses affected by lockdown so check carefully.
For more details and links to local council websites visit our Coronavirus Business Support Page