Further to our news regarding the New Additional Restrictions Grant, Torridge District Council have received additional Government funding. This means they are now able to award a one-off Discretionary Grant to businesses that were ineligible for the Restart Grant.
This is welcome news for those businesses that either had to close because of restrictions or suffered a financial loss. The grant will have amounts payable of between £250 and £8,000 and will be calculated on an individual basis. All grant awards are discretionary.
Additional Restrictions Grants eligibility
To clarify, the Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG) are available for:
- Businesses who pay business rates and have been negatively affected by covid but not forced to close.
- Businesses that do not pay business rates but have been forced to close due to restrictions.
- Non-rate paying businesses that have not been forced to close but have been negatively affected by covid.
Additional Restrictions Grants eligible business sectors:
Non-business rate account holders only
- Non-essential retail – a business that is open to the public and is used mainly or wholly for the purposes of retail sale or hire of goods or services, where the primary purpose of products or services provided are not necessary to the health and well-being of the public
- Hospitality – a business whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink
- Leisure – a business that provides opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events, days and nights out, betting and gaming
- Accommodation – a business whose main lodging provision is used for holidays, travel and other purposes.
- Personal Care – a business that provides a service, treatment or activity for the purposes of personal beauty, hair, grooming, body care and aesthetics, and wellbeing.
- Gyms and Sports – where physical exercise or dance or training is conducted on an individual basis or group basis, using exercise equipment or open floor space with or without instruction, or where individual and group sporting, athletic and physical activities are participated in competitively or recreationally.
Both non-business rate account holder and business rate account holders
- Group travel and tour operators/Coach Tour Operators
- Travel agents
- Other tourism businesses (including B&Bs and event industry suppliers)
- English language schools and tutoring businesses
- Freelance and mobile businesses (including caterers, events, hair, beauty and wedding-related businesses, photographers, tattooists)
- Catteries and kennels
- Self-employed or partnership (not limited company or trust), trading during the period 13/05/2020 – 29/01/2021 and not eligible for SEISS 1-3
- Taxi drivers
- Essential retail (a business that is open to the public and is used mainly or wholly for the purposes of retail sale or hire of goods or services, where the primary purpose of products or services provided are necessary to the health and well-being of the public)
- Driving instructors
- Animal care
- supply chain to retail, hospitality, and accommodation/tourism
The application process for the Additional Restrictions Grant will be open until 31st October 2021 or until all funds are awarded. The application process can be closed at short notice to allow applications received to be processed and will reopen only if there are funds left to award. Torridge District Council reserves the right to request further evidence from you to support the information you have given in this application.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS AND ONCE THE FUNDING HAS BEEN AWARDED NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To find out more and apply for the grant please visit Torridge District Council website.