On this page you will find all the information regarding the service that Maynard Johns are offering during the coronavirus pandemic.
We also have information pages for the following:
Support for Business during the coronavirus pandemic. This covers the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS), Bounce Back Loans, Rate Relief Grants and more
Preparing to re-open your business – check our information page for details of how you can make sure your workplace is safe to re-open.
As the lockdown continues we wanted to update you on what we are doing to be able to continue our services as normally as possible whilst complying with government safety advice.
Since closing our office on 24th March our staff are now working remotely. We have had to make some changes but due to embracing cloud technology several years ago they are able to log in to our systems from home and access everything they need to be able to continue operating as normal.
Now we are in a new tax year many of you will need our help whether it’s for accounts and tax returns, VAT or tax credit claims and we wanted to assure you of the steps we have in place to protect you and our staff.
- We encourage you wherever possible to Email your details to us, or, in the case of businesses using cloud software such as Xero simply tell us the year end is ready. We do not need to receive paper records in these instances.
- We can provide a personalised safe and secure portal for the upload of documents and data keeping it safe. Many of you use this already but if not, please just ask.
- We are visiting the office daily to collect anything that is posted or put through our door. We would ask that if you are delivering records that you put the items in an envelope with your name on and the date delivered and Email us to let us know you have delivered it.
- As we now have someone in the office daily, we can arrange for records to be dropped off to us, following all social distancing guidelines. Please email us to arrange an appointment to do this.
- We are carrying out our meetings and discussions either by phone or video conferencing to keep in touch with you so you still get to see us.
- Documents that need signing can be sent via our portal for online approval so we don’t have to use the postal service. We are able to submit documents on your behalf remotely.
- All records will be quarantined for 72 hours before being moved after delivery or being returned to you.
We continue to review our processes as the situation changes but we believe that with the adoption of these measures we can continue to offer our services fully whilst keeping you and our staff safe.
Please, therefore, do not hesitate to get in touch if it’s time for your work to be completed.
As there will be no-one in the office to answer the telephone from 1 April, please email your accountant with your queries and they will call you back:
Jane Maynard – [email protected]
Alistair Maynard – [email protected]
Edward Johns – [email protected]
Chris Williams – [email protected]
Jane Powell – [email protected]
Our bookkeeping and VAT work continues as normal. If you have any queries, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
During this period all Xero support will be carried out by our sister company, Cirrusli. Please email all queries to [email protected].
Our payroll services will be fully operating during this time. Our payroll bureau will also be working remotely so please continue to email [email protected] for assistance.
As our payroll department is now based remotely, all communications and payroll data will now have to be transmitted electronically. There will be no further drop-offs of information or collection of wage slips etc from our offices.
Given the restrictions moving forwards, there may be some delays so please do not leave sending us your information to the last minute. Please help us continue to provide you with a great service.
If we are currently holding any of your records at our offices that you think you may need back, please contact the office to arrange collection before 31 March 2020.
31 March and 5 April Year Ends and the New Tax Year
Many of you will be aware that it is either your business year-end approaching or the start of the new tax year and we get many of you dropping your books and records into our offices at this time of year. If you wish to let us have your books and records, please email your accountant and we will arrange for this to take place in a safe and controlled way.
Our aim is to ensure that Maynard Johns continues to support you through these difficult times. We may be working in a slightly different way over the coming weeks and months but we are still here, working away to help you keep your business moving in the right direction.
If further restrictions are put into place in the coming weeks and months some of this information may change (especially if movement becomes further restricted), but we will do our best to continue to provide the level of service you expect whilst keeping you and our staff as safe as possible and we will keep you informed of changes to our service provision as they happen.
If you have any queries, please contact us.