New Grant Open for First Time Employers
Would you like to grow your business and take on staff but don’t know how you’re going to take that step?
Torridge District Council is now offering grants of up to £5,000 for Torridge based businesses looking to take on their first employee.
It is only to support the recruitment of the first employee and the position must be at least 0.5 FTE/ 18.5 hours per week and for a minimum of 12 months.
It is a competitive process and the funds are not guaranteed, but if these criteria apply to you, contact us to help you with your application.
To be eligible you must:
- Be looking to recruit your first employee as a business (this does not include shareholder / directors).
- Add value to the Torridge District economy (including but not exclusively elements such as apprenticeship opportunities, upskilling staff, increasing productivity).
- Have a business address registered within Torridge District.
- Have a business that has been operating for more than one year.
- Provide a full year’s accounts, if available, which have been professionally prepared or your last set of data which was submitted to HMRC.
Priority will also be given to businesses which fall into the priority sectors of the Northern Devon Economic Strategy 2014 – 2020. These include creative & digital, environmental technologies, energy, advanced engineering, agritech, food & drink, tourism, construction and manufacturing. Businesses who are looking to innovate and create sustainable growth will also be looked upon favourably.
Full details of the grant and eligibility criteria are available at: https://www.torridge.gov.uk/article/18324/New-Business-Grant
Applications can be submitted from 2 March until 2pm on Thursday 20 April 2020, so contact us today if you think you are eligible and would like our assistance with your application.
If you need any advice or help with this, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01237 472071 or email [email protected]