Maynard Johns its a family thing
Based on family values Maynard Johns is definitely not your run of the mill accountants. Our approach is an open and honest method of explaining your agricultural accounts and business issues face to face, in a jargon free style, which sets us apart from other accountants. We recognise that farming is not just a business, but a way of life.
Our personal service allows us to develop close working relationships to help manage the business demands placed on farmers whilst recognising the impact that these decisions often have on the family as a whole.
Its a natural choice
To the farming and agricultural community, it is fundamental to have the expertise of a team around you who you can trust understands your business. Our specialist team comes from a background deeply embedded in agriculture, enabling us to offer professional and knowledgeable advice to this sector. Whether you are new to farming or have been farming for years, we are able to offer a wide range of tailor made services.
We can support you with:
- Enterprise accounts to assess the profitability of varying farm incomes
- Profit analysis per head of livestock, litre of milk etc
- Land ownership structures
- Changes to the single farm payment
- Preparing for retirement and/or the introduction of the next generation
- Farm business tenancies and leases
- Buying and selling of land
- Planning for diversification
- Ensuring your grass letting agreements qualify for farming purposes
- Advice on IT software packages
- VAT returns, Payroll and bookkeeping
- Tax planning for you and your family
We can assist you with:
Our experience of tax planning for farming and agricultural clients is comprehensive.
- Advising on tax advantages on joining or leaving the herd basis
- Tax saving opportunities of trading as a limited company
- Inheritance tax planning, getting your wills right and protecting your assets
- Taking advantage of capital allowances rules for the replacement of vehicles and equipment
- Maximising your tax credit claim and preparing for change
- Tax saving opportunities with your quota
- Farmers averaging calculations
Contact us for a free initial consultation to see how easy it can be to change to an accountancy firm that lives and breathes agriculture.
Figured - leading farm accountancy software
We are delighted to now be Bronze Partners with Figured.
Figured is a complete online livestock, tracking and production tracking, farm budgeting and forecasting tool that works hand-in-hand with Xero. This means that you see all of your information in one place. Figured is the only farm accounting software that allows the whole farming team to collaborate around the same data, in real-time, from wherever they are working.
As North Devons leading Xero Accountant, we can advise you on suitable Xero software and help you get fully set up and ensure that you are complaint by April with Making Tax Digital for VAT. Combining Xero and Figured together ensures that you can maximise the information in your business for managing both your farm and your accounts.